THE LONDON MOTHER is an online magazine for families living in, working in and/or visiting London.
We talk about the best things to do, see and eat in London when you have kids in tow.
We are looking to engage Freelance Writers (based remotely) for the website.
- Experience in writing content parents like to read.
- An understanding of SEO is essential. You will need a basic knowledge of SEO and keyword research tools (e.g. Keyword Planner, Keysearch, AHREFS etc)
- Ability to write with authority about different subjects.
- Excellent spelling and grammar. Proofreading your work is vital.
- An innate understanding of what makes online audiences tick, to increase click-through rates and engagement.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Demonstrable interest in lifestyle journalism.
- Proven track record of creating shareable content.
- Proven track record of creating SEO content that’s readable and informative yet keyword rich.
To apply, please see below:
Please send a cover letter answering the following questions:
- What types of writing have you done in the past?
- What skill sets do you have that make you think you would be a perfect fit for us?
- What is your experience with London, lifestyle or parenting?
- What is your experience writing about these topics?
- What is your availability to work?
- What separates your writing from the rest?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
Please also send:
- Traffic and social media reports for your highest-ranking pieces
- Three suggestions of articles you’d like to publish on THE LONDON MOTHER
Submit any other information or documents that you think will be helpful in reviewing your application.
Please send your completed application to hello at thelondonmother dot net with the following subject line: FREELANCE WRITER APPLICATION.