TfL TravelBot: Helping You Get to Work + School on Time
Transport for London (TfL) has partnered with Facebook to launch the next generation in customer service technology - the ‘TravelBot’.
The new social media tool is powered by artificial intelligence and can “chat” with you using Facebook Messenger to let you when your bus is due to arrive, as well as give you service updates and Tube maps.
It all sounds a little Skynet to us but we’re all for something that’s makes the school run or commute to and from work that bit easier.
TravelBot features include:
- Bus arrivals: check when your bus is due to arrive by sharing your location or providing the bus stop code available at every bus stop. This will be particularly beneficial if your local bus stop doesn’t display ‘countdown’ information
- Bus route status: ask for bus service updates, including information on bus route diversions
- Service updates: request the latest service updates for the Tube, TfL Rail, London Overground, DLR and London Trams
- Maps: the TravelBot can provide Tube, Night Tube and rail maps
- Message an agent: the TravelBot can refer customers to a customer service agent
As more and more people use the service, it will “learn” and become even more precise. TfL are also looking into TravelBot providing journey planning information and status alerts.
To access the TfL TravelBot, search for ‘TfL TravelBot’ on Facebook or visit facebook.com/tfltravelbot/ on a desktop computer.