Easy No-Bake Gluten Free Doughnut Recipe
When all else fails, we cook or in some other way get busy in the kitchen and no-bake gluten free doughnuts always go down a treat.
If they’re bored, if they’re arguing, if they’re climbing the walls because it’s raining and they’ve been stuck indoors all day, making something together is always the answer.
A little teamwork, a little maths and a little eating. Everyone’s happy.
If you eat gluten-free, you may have already tried Nestlé Cereals GoFree™ Gluten Free Rice Pops and Gluten Free Coco Rice. Available in the free-from supermarket aisle now, the new cereals are fortified with B-vitamins, folic acid and iron.
The team there challenged us to create something with the new Nestlé Gluten Free Rice Pops, and as Mr London Mother is a professional vegan and gluten free doughnut maker, we thought why not create a rice pop doughnut?! And why not create our first YouTube video in the process?
To make these easy gluten free rice pop doughnuts, you will need:
3 tablespoons of butter/dairy free spread (plus extra to grease your doughnut pan)
225 grams mini marshmallows
150 grams Gluten Free Rice Pops
1. Grease your doughnut pan – be generous, the more you grease your pan, the easier it will be to get the rice pop doughnuts out afterward.
2. In a heavy saucepan over a medium flame, melt the butter/dairy free spread and marshmallows together.
3. When everything has completely melted, stir in the rice pops. Mix together and loosely tip the mixture into the doughnut pan.
4. Tear off a square of greaseproof paper and press the mixture firmly into the moulds.
5. Put into the fridge for at least half an hour and when firm, gently remove from the mould. Decorate as you please, we sprinkled ours with hundreds and thousands and dipped one in dark chocolate.
Nestlé Gluten Free Rice Pops and Coco Rice are available at Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Ocado with an RRP of £2.49.
What’s your go-to activity when it’s raining?